Michael Fullan has been active in the world of education for the past two decades. His description of the “Best [education] systems in the world” sounds very familiar…
1. Focus on a small number of core goals.
Deep literacy. Deep numeracy. Students learning throughout.
2. They focus on the teaching profession by devoting time and energy into attracting quality teachers and continuing to develop them once they are at the site .
3. Focus on leadership so they can learn and lead well.
4. Focus on teamwork – Learning working conditions for teachers to learn from one another and modeling this for our students.
5. Use data in a nonjudgmental way to encourage risk-taking and collaboration. (Transparent practice)